Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday Andrew!

So my sweet firstborn turned 6 in September! He wanted a Power Ranger party but the decoration that are for sale don't include the gold ranger and we HAVE to have him on everything! Next was a request for GI Joe but you can't find them for sale anywhere, of course! Andrew loves when he gets to stay up late and roast smores' in our fire pit so I suggested a camping-smores' party and he went with it! As anyone who know me has seen, I go a little crazy with the party planning, but that's just what I do. I have no other hobbies and it's "for the kids" right?!?! I just wanted him to have the best darn camping party he could have.


All of the printables (invites, tent cards, paper banner, treat bag toppers, canteen stickers and scavenger hunt) came from Nellie Designs. She was fantastic to work with and can customize any order!

 Each kid got a canteen so they could keep hydrated on their scavenger hunt!


These smores' cake pops were amazing! My friend Christi made them and she is so talented, any cake you want, she's your girl!






I have to give a shout out to my awesome husband who helped me build these pup tents! They were a total of $11 (with lumber and fabric!) and took about 15 minutes. They fold up so we can store them and use them inside to "camp" at home!

I made smores' pops with marshmallows and graham crackers, yum! My boys LOVE these things and they're so easy!



My super talented friend, Angela made this burlap banner for me. This is your go to person for ANY artwork needs. She painted my boys school bags, can do any canvas, frame, shoes, banners, furniture, you name it! She also has some cute gifts for sale in a shop on E. Brainerd called Little Presh



Andrew doesn't like cake so he requested an ice cream station, like at sweet CeeCee's. He wanted mint chocolate chip, mocha almond fudge and vanilla with M&M's, Gummy worms and sprinkles, you know.... just the basics! The ice cream cups came from one of my absolute favorite party supplies sites Shop Sweet Lulu. Seriously the best customer service and fastest turn around ever and their products are amazing! The chevron wooden ice cream spoons and scoops came from this etsy site



A little hot chocolate station

What's an outdoor party without cornhole?!?!

sweet cousins.... and Xavier



Grandpa Joe and Lynn came in from Wisconsin and we were so excited have have them there to celebrate with us!

my sweet niece, McKenzie enjoying a cake pop!

the Birthday Boy! His super cute shirt is from the etsy vendor Zoeys Attic I can't believe I forgot to have someone take a picture of us all as a family :-(


Andrew and his buddies from his Kindergarten class



My handsom nephew, Merrick

All of the kids got a red bandana filled with a flashlight, binoculars and a scavenger hunt list



The kids on their hunt

I'm not sure how the dirt grill became the gift table, but Andrew didn't seem to mind!




4 comments:

Robin said...

What a fun night!!

Meg said...

Oops. I forgot to contact you about the tents. Sorry. Looks like a grand time. Way to go!

Casey Cunningham said...

Oh my gosh, Amber. You need to post his birthday party on Pinterest. This was amazing. You get 100 Mom points for this! You are so awesome!

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

I agree with Casey. Amazing Party. You have a gift!!